Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Empire

Usually I do my weekly review on movies but since I've been busy gaming the only time I've stopped was to work,sleep,eat and watch Empire; so that should lead you to believe I've not had time to watch movies.

Empire the TV show yeah that's right TV. Short of HBO's Deadwood and Sopranos this show is the best on regular TV since well I can't quite remeber.

This show has it all blood, orgies, attitude, and a great line up of unknown actors. Well at least unknown to me. It has been such a long time that I've seen a show and when the hour is up I can't wait till next week. The set up is like it's a mini series or a movie but it's a normal show and has a great basis " The Roman Empire". If you love history or Rome and can look at this with an open mind knowing that there was some creative twists and writing that aren't all historically correct then you will enjoy this show. I really can't say enough good things about this show though, my only hope is it's not cancelled.

I heard through the Internet vine that the show went over budget and almost wasn't aired but I'm sure glade they did... Now if they would change it from 10pm to a more suitable time at least 9pm I would jump with joy.

Little back ground on what has happened so far.

Julius Caesar was head of the Empire and wanted to give Rome back to the people. The Senate was in fear of loosing their jobs so they brutally murdered Caesar. Rome was in uproar and the Mob was thrashing the town and wanted the heads of the killers so to speak. Caesar in his decree named Octavious his successor to him and this is where the fun begins. Previous to Caesar death a Gladiator proved himself and basically became royal guard to Julius so in his die'n breath he asked him to protect Octavious.. The Gladiator took Octavious and was looking for their safety and a plan to get Octavious to the Thrown. They were then captured trying to get a great General of the 4th Legion to help them, stumbled in at the wrong time and were hauled off to a gladiator camp. Octavious shows he has balls and the Gladiator took a beating but they ended up escaping only to run into General Marc Antony.

This point it looks like safe sailing because the General was a loyal second to Julius. There was some spatter of the General trying to be on Octavious side but he was a jealous man and you can see it. Gladiator fucked up and jumped a arriving guest General (he thought it was an assassin) then there was a small falling out between Octavious and the Gladiator. The Gladiator left because he believed his family was in trouble and because Octavious released him of his duty. This Beastmaster (assassin) then was able to come into the place unguarded and killed everyone that was in this orgy to include poisoning Octavious..This was all the General's plan.. That's it for now tune in next week at 10pm on ABC

2 Comments:

Blogger Aggro Me said...

Oh, wow, can't believe I missed this one. To much time playing EQII and blogging.

I am a big fan of Roman history (studied Latin for eight years, heh). I'm going to catch the next episode for sure.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Quylein said...

Yeah, Trying to spread the word. I really think it's worth missing that extra hour of sleep on Tuesday nights.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home